Free School Meals
Apply online for Free School Meals
CLICK HERE to access the gloucestershire county council online registration page
Did you know that just registering your son/daughter for Free School Meals means that the school gets extra money?
Register now to make sure we don’t miss out!
The Government is giving money to school to help children from lower income families to do their very best. This funding is called a ‘pupil premium’ and means that the school can receive up to an extra £935 for each child registered for free school meals. With this money we can provide additional support in school for all the students so please, if you have not already registered and think you might be entitled to free school meals, please apply as soon as possible. It is important to do this, even if your child does not actually want to claim the free meal itself.
How does it work?
First – check if you qualify, it’s not just if you’re unemployed, so please check the list below.
Applying is really quick and straightforward; if you think you qualify, contact Miss Parker at school who will help you.
If you don’t want your son/daughter to have the school meals, they can continue as normal, as long as you qualify and have registered, the school still gets the additional funding.
No one will know you have applied and it will not affect any other benefits you are claiming.
Free school meals
If your child attends a state school and you are currently getting one of the following benefits, you will be able to claim free school meals.
- Income Support
- income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance
- income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- the guaranteed element of Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit (provided you’re not also entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual gross income of no more than £16,190)
- Working Tax Credit run-on - paid for 4 weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit
- Universal Credit - your household income must be less than £7,400 a year (after tax and not including any benefits you get)
Come and talk to us if you’re not sure.
|Free School Meals||27th June 2016||Download >|