Remit of the Governing Body:
- Ensuring clarity of vision, ethos and strategic direction;
- Holding the headteacher to account for the educational performance of the school and its pupils, and the performance management of staff; and
- Overseeing the financial performance of the school and making sure its money is well spent.
The governing body consists of:
- Two elected parent governors
- One LA governor
- One elected staff governor - the term of the staff governor is two years
- One headteacher
- 2 partnership governors
- Eight co-opted governors
Total number of governors: 15
Governing Body Committees:
There are two committees, the Quality & Standards Committee and the Business Management Committee.
The Quality & Standards committee takes the lead in considering provision and monitoring of curriculum; admissions; attendance; behaviour; educational needs and safeguarding; reporting back to the Governing Body on delegated decisions and making recommendations to the Business Management Committee and/or the GB as appropriate for issues outside of its delegated authority.
The Business Management committee takes the lead in considering finance, procurement, staffing, premises, Health & safety; reporting back to the Governing Body on delegated decisions and making recommendations to the Quality & Standards Committee and/or the GB as appropriate for issues outside of its delegated authority.
Further detail regarding the roles of the committees can be found in the policy 'Governors Standing Orders Appendix'.
Information about our Governors can be found by clicking on the links down the left hand side.
Maidenhill School Strategic Plan 2022 -2027
This plan has been produced by the Governors of Maidenhill School in consultation with students, parents/carers and staff throughout 2016-17. This plan was updated in 2019.
|Strategic Plan 2022 027 approved Jan 2023||26th January 2023||Download >|